Drop Out..CEO

I have been reading a lot in forbes.com and wikipedia these days. Here is what I realized. Most of the top people in tech business today are drop-outs. They did it all without some big education thing. I have read articles which say that 30-40 years back, to start a tech company, you were supposed to have a Phd in solid state physics or some degree in programming.But here is the actual situation.

Bill Gates (Microsoft) - Bill Gates is the co-founder of Microsoft and the third richest man in the world. He dropped out of Harvard University.

Steve Jobs (Apple)- CEO of Apple and Walt Disney Company's largest individual shareholder. Dropped out of Reed College in Portland, Oregon.

Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook) - Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest self-made billionaire in the world ever. He dropped out of Harvard University.

Richard Branson (Virgin Brand) - He dropped out of high school.

Paul Allen (Cofounder, Microsoft) - He dropped out from Washington State University.

Michael Dell (Dell) - CEO of Dell. He dropped out of University of Texas at Austin

This is the list I generated. Finer lists can be found at these links.
link1 and link2

Comments

scadza said…
So I think schools and collages are needed so that u can drop out from them :)
Pratik Poddar said…
he he...

I would prefer dropping out while I am a grad student. :)