Depression is real! Deal with it! Not many people talk about it. May be people should. I see so many depressed entrepreneurs around me. We need to have a structure to help them out. There is shame and stigma attached to talking about depression. In fact, one in every four people suffer from anxiety and depression. Being sad and being depressed are two different things. Also, people going through depression don’t look so, while someone sad will look sad. The most common reaction is, ‘How can you be depressed? You have everything going for you.’ It’s not about what you have or don’t have. People talk about physical fitness, but mental health is equally important.
Entrepreneurial Life Shouldn't Be This Way--Should It?
The psychological price of entrepreneurship
The dark side of entrepreneurship
4 tips for dealing with founder depression
Some tips which might help you out:
1) Look for shifts in your mood.
2) Notice which thoughts are getting you down.
3) Ask yourself if those thoughts are completely true.
4) Do not resort to drugs, alcohol and tobacco!
5) Don't be swayed by glamour and quick success stories
6) Stop comparing with others
7) Take a break!
8) Talk to trusted friends, parents, brothers, sisters - for support! Its nothing to be ashamed of!
Purpose of this post is to help some people. May you take help and get courage. BeGoodDoGood!